Music Banter - View Single Post - Voivod
Thread: Voivod
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 05:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
I was the opposite, thought... hey they were a fantastic band in their first run... now they have had 20 years to master it more, interesting to hear how they have improved and how they well adapt to the more modern scene.. it was either adapt to the times, or give a good peice of nostalgic Atheist to show the new school that the old school death metal scene still is on top of the scene... well, i guess they did adapt to a degree... just they seemed to come across as some sort of Necrophagist wankery crap. Not much in terms of the jazz elements.. just disappointing to me they lost their identity.

But whatever, the albums before are all still classic in Death Metal.. The Florida scene is my favorite scene, so many great bands come out of it... you had Death, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Brutality, Resurrection, Atheist, Cynic, Massacre and a few others who to me were just amazing... seems like all those bands who are still active are just nothing great anymore.. I know times changes and they can't live off just nostalgia, but still... just not that interesting.
I don`t see how you can expect a band after a 20 year gap to continue from where they left off! Hell not even Boston could do it!

I`m a fan of that Florida scene as well and especially love Death, Morbid Angel and Deicide as well as Atheist. I think "Symbolic" by Death and "Covenant" by Morbid Angel to be two of the best metal albums ever recorded.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote