Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs You Hate
Thread: Songs You Hate
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 08:19 AM   #102 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaltezon View Post
I think they've caught you at a bad moment. I'm not crazy about the faux-child voice, but subtract that and it's rather pleasant, I think.
Okay, I grant that I may have been in a slightly bad moment when I wrote that post, skaltezon.

So in honor of that possibility I listened to Animal Collective's "I've got mine" again. I tried ignoring the faux-child's voice. I tried. I tried.

But I failed.

Now the song just makes me dissolve into chuckling laughter when I hear it because I *still* don't like the song and its limp-along sound.

I dislike the sound of the song so much that when I first heard it I didn't even bother to look up its lyrics, and you know me: I usually LOVE to read the lyrics of songs.

So I just looked up the lyrics, to try to give the song more effort. They've got a good message: we've all got troubles that sometimes wax and wane out of our control, and people do crappy things to each other. They're a little cryptic, though: "when will turn to sand this bell stains our hands." If they are going to use a metaphor, I'd like its meaning to be clearer. Is the bell the clamoring of the troubled soul?

I also don't like their video.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote