Music Banter - View Single Post - Real hardcore
Thread: Real hardcore
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamventure View Post
my understanding of the history of mellodic hardcore is very limited. thanks for the correction. as for me stating that hardcore was started in the early 80's i am aware that it has rootes before that with bands like bad brains, ect, but i see minor threat as the ones who kick started it into high gear.
since you're more knowledgable on the subject could you please make a sticky thread on hardcore to inform this section on it? i was going to make one but you seem much more qualified so could you please make a sticky?
Sorry if i seemed rude, didnt mean to make ya feel small there with the last line.

As said, there is a thread for this thing. I can not sticky threads either, only mods can do that.

Listen to that Middle Class post I made, it is very much hardcore.

Minor Thread were one to kinda give hardcore a more notible edge, and were very influential. But Ian started in The Teen Idles as I say. They came before Minor Threat. SOA as well, which was Rollins first band (when he was still going by Henry Garfield). Both bands were the first to release on Dischord records.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote