Music Banter - View Single Post - The Pixies vs Nirvana
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #296 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
They did enhance it, but not too much, just corrected some problems from the bootleg source I believe. It was an often bootlegged show. I remember getting a bootleg copy of it sometime in the mid 90's and it was good, but needed some corrections to it.

But overall, it is a great performance. Of course at the same time, as with some live shows.. like I saw NOFX a couple years back, and the band was spot on and did a great show, but they played a horrible venue known for its lackluster sound, which ruined what was a great show otherwise. Sometimes it is just a matter of poor sound that ruins a great set and makes people think they are a poor live band.
I would agree with that assessment to a point but Nirvana was already playing stadiums by the time i caught up with them. I hear ya on the poor venue equaling bad sound, as i experience that on a weekly basis at some Los Angeles venues. I've had a few shows ruined by poor sound. I think ultimately this is one band vs band where i can say i have alot of respect for both bands and can see everybodys point of view when it comes to loving these two bands.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote