Music Banter - View Single Post - Top Ten Punk Albums
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #100 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Also, the other thing that gets me is when the idiot cretins took over. Give you a little story as to what I mean.

the d.b.s. show took place here at a place called The Snell Auditiorium. Which was a little room in the basement of the local library here. It held maybe 50 people when the stage was up, but whatever.. lucky if these shows got 20-25 people on a good day.. usually. They usually didn't put on anything other than readings and presentations in the room before, but they let us use it for shows. For a few months I went to shows there, they had them every weekend, be like $5 for 6 bands. Anyways, this went on for a couple of months.

They shut it down though soon after... They were always good to us. These shows took place after the library closed, they let us in there and put their trust in us and all went well until the last show they had they left the grabbajabba open for us, the little stand where you could get coffee and snacks when the library was open. They put out coffee for us and a few snacks and some cans of coke..and said help yourself to these on us. Basically just a bunch of machines that were set up and a note that said, just turn it on and make yourself some coffee

Well, 4 big drug addicted nazi punks came to that show. They were taking kids out back and beating the crap out of them, putting them in trash cans and stealing their money.. they outpowered all of us little kids, they were older and would carry knives and had razor blades on their jackets. Just idiots. They then came in and proceeded to go to the grabbajabba, thrash it... break cases, throw around the coffee machines, stomp fruit on the ground and all this crap... we did all we could after they left, we cleaned it up and did what we could and left a note saying sorry, and explaining that this was not the fault of the kids in there and would do what we could to help the staff with whatever money would had or anything.

But of course that didnt fly and they blamed it on us all, and said... no more shows here. So a couple of boneheads ruined what was a great scene for everyone else, because they were disrespectful assh*les.

That was the only place that had all ages punk shows at the time, so all the kids got screwed over.

Those type of people are just what make people think punk is that way, and that always pissed me off.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote