Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #3453 (permalink)
Kirby
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Halo Wars? ODST? I mean, Wars was just a half-baked RTS and ODST was supposed to be DLC for Halo 3, but somehow got milked into a full-fledged $60 title. Don't get me wrong, 1, 2, and 3 were fantastic and Reach was at least something fresh... but I think even Bungie has realized that Halo as a franchise has run its course. Microsoft, on the other hand, has observed firsthand the staying power of familiar titles in mainstream gaming (see: Activision and COD, EA and everything EA has ever done ) and knows the profit potential of keeping Halo alive via 343 Industries.

As for FPS's in the near future, I will almost certainly be buying Battlefield 3 now that I have the computer hardware to properly run it.

In other news: Bethesda: Consoles to be the lead platform for TES 5: Skyrim, aim to make it "really accessible"

Fuck my life.
Halo 1-3 are great. Reach was still really good.
I, for one, love Halo Wars. It's one of the best console RTS' you can get. Definitely not on par with PC RTS games, but I've enjoyed it the entire time I've played it (almost thirty hours or so).

ODST was slightly overpriced if you bought it at launch, but it came with all of the Halo 3 DLC on the multiplayer disc, had Firefight (one of the best additions to Halo), and got you into the Halo: Reach beta. It's the worst campaign in the series, in my opinion, but still not bad.

Also, I'll definitely be getting Battlefield 3, as well. But on 360.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Are you EVER critical of video games? Every time you post in here it seems (which is pretty often) you have glowing praise for each and every game you play.
That's not true. I've been critical of PLENTY of games I didn't like. But if I play a game a lot, that means I like it. So if I'm posting in "Games I'm Playing Right Now" it's usually a game I like. I have a weird taste in games and I do absolutely hate a lot of games that other people love (Dead Rising, I'm looking at you.)