Music Banter - View Single Post - Do certain genres use certain...
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

To be honest, I'm not sure you could market something like that as a product, and to be even more honest, I don't think many recording engineers would like the idea of their trade secrets being sold off to potential competition.
In reality, though, what we're really talking about is recording, mixing and mastering techniques that are learned through years of experience by anyone worth his or her salt in the recording business. It's not something that can really be packaged up and effectively transferred with any more (or better) results than budding engineers learning these things on their own, and formulating their own methodology that lends something to themselves as engineers that have something of their own to offer their clients or productions.

Also, a ton of essential knowledge is readily available throughout the internet, books, guides, tutorials, you name it. And on top of this, a lot of producers these days are putting in work in home studios from start to finish and releasing on their own, completely bypassing traditional studio involvement... In an already much-less studio-centric world than in the past, I'm not sure traditional studios would want to contribute more to that.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote