Music Banter - View Single Post - American Police Brutality
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #83 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian E Coleman View Post
Well a lot of the statistics within the USA show that restrictions on guns actually increase violent crime. But those studies were of Washington... so it might be a special case. One way or another I really don't understand your reasoning. If making guns illegal DID reduce the numbers of shootings wouldn't you take a country where you had less a chance of encountering a shooting, over one where you would have a gun but could certainly still be shot and killed.

It's like... would you refuse to live in Canada if your only other option was Iraq (cited here as the most dangerous country on earth Top 10 Most Dangerous Places on Earth)?
1. I have a pretty low chance of being involved in a shooting (at this moment in time). That does absolutely nothing for the possibility of being involved in one and escaping with good odds.

2. I spent a year in Iraq while in the Army and I can honestly say that I would prefer living there than in Canada.
(Again, you've used a horrible comparison for this, but I figure I would be humorous about it. hehe)
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote