Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metalcore Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 07:12 AM   #285 (permalink)
Metal Connoisseur
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
Not gonna pretend I read the entire thread, but I have two major problems with this thread. It's under metal, when it should be under hardcore. And OP seems to think that the more hardcore influenced bands are less innovative than Killswitch Engage or As I lay Dying, when obviously the reverse is true.
The original metallic hardcore bands of the 90s are what give the genre any real music credibility, for example bands like Starkweather and Ringworm. Bands nowadays all sound pretty much the same.
It's all about preference really, I also think It's kind of a battle of new school against old school. For kids that were born in the 90's, the mainstream metal that has been made available to them is the tail end of the nu-metal era and obviously the rise of melodic metalcore...and most seem to love it. I'm sure if you pulled a 16 year old kid aside at a Bring Me The Horizon show and told them to listen to a Venom or Metallica record from the 80's, they would more than likely have something negative to say about it.

As a side: you seem to be a black metal fan, there's nothing wrong with that but black metal isn't necessarily where I would go if I were in search of innovation and the ability to distinguish between bands
Metal Connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote