Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #5958 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
uh... technically speaking? Axl Rose technically sounds like a cat run over by a lawnmower. Besides, it doesn't quell the original comment of them being sort of Aerosmith knockoffs.

Guns N' Roses are the same hair metal crap 10 years before them. ****, they're not even that great technically. I mean, compared to say Mr.Big, they weren't even that impressive instrumentally.
First of all, let it be known i'm not a big guns and roses fan. But technically speaking he is far better than Stephen Pearcy and Vince Neil which was your original comparison. I don't understand how they are Aerosmith knockoffs either. They sound nothing like Aerosmith. I don't consider them hair metal, hair metal is Poison, Warrant, and Mr ****ing Big. Sure Billy Sheehan and Paul Gilbert can play but does anybody care? The answer is hell no, because Mr Big was opening for everybody not headlining like Guns and Roses. I saw them open for RUSH on the Presto tour and Mr Big was lame. They are gymnastic guitar players, i don't feel anything for the music when i hear it, except sick to my stomach.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote