Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #5962 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I would rather see Guns and Roses, and nothing is half as bad as TO BE WITH YOU, their only hit and an absolutely horrible song. Guns N Roses i don't consider in the hair metal vain at all, they rarely showered, always had greasy hair, shot heroin, and looked nothing like a hair band. Hair bands always had perfect quaafs, sung ballad songs only, rarely ventured from three chord sellout music, and had chicks dancing on cars in their videos. They sound unique, when you hear a guns song its clearly guns and roses, its never mistaked for aerosmith or motley crue as you've described.
I`ve always thought of Guns N Roses to be a hard rock outfit in most aspects, but they still came from that hair metal scene and appealed to hair metal fans, probably due to the LA connection.

Initially hair metal bands didn`t sing ballads, its only when a couple of the bands had success with ballads that the others followed suit.

All in all hair metal was just a amalgamation of 1970's glam rock, punk, Kiss, Alice Cooper and especially Aersomith. Hanoi Rocks probably did more for the genre than anybody else, all in all it was a sad time in music.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote