Music Banter - View Single Post - Foo Fighters
Thread: Foo Fighters
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #239 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
Wasting Light as far as I am concerned is their best material since "The Colour and the Shape".

Self-Titled is still my favorite by Foo Fighters, "The Color and the Shape" was good, but had it's share of that arena rock mediocrity that they would go onto after that one and just get worse and worse in quality.

To be honest though, i think even the best stuff by Foo Fighters is not even as good as the worst stuff by Nirvana, who of course they will always be tied to cause of Grohl.

But "Wasting Light" is an album that is the best they have done since 1997. Not really a return to form, still has some of the cliches that held them back on the last few.. but better than I expected it to be. It is at least worth a listen.

Plus, a guest appearance by Bob Mould never hurts either.
I`m a big fan of their S/T debut as well and I think Dave Grohl knew they could never quite match Nirvana, but instead went for an upbeat and positive sound (probably what Nirvana could`ve sounded like had Kurt been a happy person) I`ve always liked David Grohl and lets face it he had one hell of a songwriting teacher in Kurt and he certainly learnt is trade from the best.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote