Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest Hip Hop Artist/Group Ever
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #123 (permalink)
The Virgin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phzed View Post
First of all the majority are talking about the life that surrounds them, it's only negative when they glorify that kind of activity and lifestyle. Someone like Nas has socially conscious lyrics (for the most part) and he talks about a lot of those things, but he talks about how corrosive they are to his community.
the life that surrounds them? ha! these rappers earn thousands of dollars probably and you think they are surrounded by these negative issues they're putting on their rap? i don't think so. what i think is that most rappers are trying to manipulate a great majority of the population especially those who are in the ghetto who really are the ones experiencing these ugly life situations cause them rap artists know that the secret formula is:

socially disturbing rap = large percentage of young,urban, 'wild' population = greater probability of sales income

Quote:
If you'd actually researched the music before making your matter of fact comment then you'd know that there are lots, and I mean lots, of positive male rappers, aswell as negative female rappers. Hip-hop's a massively diverse genre, and gangster rap was only popular in the mainstream for what, about 8/9 years from '89 towards around '98 (generalising). Just because you don't like the sound of a male rapper because it doesn't suit your blatant femininity doesn't mean that it's bad.
i assume the current ratio of male negative rappers vs male positive rappers is probably 99:1.
in fact, i've never heard a male rapper not insulting anyone in their songs. it's always about dissing someone and getting pride out of what they're doing. just purely dissappointing.
in a man's world, rap is about conflict.
in a woman's world, it's different.

Quote:
I'd say that hip-hop is actually the most positive music throughout history, socially, politically, etc. It also happens to be one of the worst (besides something like brutal death metal), but the fact that it's that diverse is amazing.
positively, hip-hop gives chances to those who can't sing to just talk fast in front of the mic.
negatively, where do i begin?

Quote:
If these are your opinions then there's no point of you posting in the rap/hip-hop section, you clearly have no knowledge or understanding of the genre.
no knowledge, i disagree. i've got enough knowledge to justify my opinion is on point.
no understanding? you bet i don't. i don't understand majority of the hip-hop community and how they love so much to rap about drugs, sex, guns, violence, etc.
The Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote