Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest Hip Hop Artist/Group Ever
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #124 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
the life that surrounds them? ha! these rappers earn thousands of dollars probably and you think they are surrounded by these negative issues they're putting on their rap? i don't think so. what i think is that most rappers are trying to manipulate a great majority of the population especially those who are in the ghetto who really are the ones experiencing these ugly life situations cause them rap artists know that the secret formula is:

socially disturbing rap = large percentage of young,urban, 'wild' population = greater probability of sales income
weird, you actually have a point here. I won't say most but some of the people that love those type of songs that live in the ghetto like it because they live it everyday so it's like a soundtrack to them and they can relate to what they are saying in some of their songs. They prefer "street" songs/singles than to other types. Mixtapes usually have more of a street vibe than official releases though. Official releases have more club tracks and songs for the ladies. That part of your statement I don't agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
i assume the current ratio of male negative rappers vs male positive rappers is probably 99:1.
in fact, i've never heard a male rapper not insulting anyone in their songs. it's always about dissing someone and getting pride out of what they're doing. just purely dissappointing.
in a man's world, rap is about conflict.
in a woman's world, it's different.
The few mainstream female rappers that are around always go at each other's throat more often than the males.

exhibit A
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote