Music Banter - View Single Post - Jennifer Lopez
Thread: Jennifer Lopez
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 09:58 PM   #48 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
Well Beyonce can act to a degree, she acted like she could be a postive female who relied on talent over sexuality for years.... only to go solo and make videos where she is half naked covered in water and flaunting her body... she pulled off the talent thing for years.. so she gets some credit for acting.

She just can't act in movies.
I don't understand this statement.
She was often seen as a sex symbol, along with the Michelle and Kelly in Destiny's Child. "Cater 2 U" and "Soldier" are two perfect examples of them flaunting themselves. "Soldier" is a PERFECT example of a song where sex and "what's in" is far more popular than their talent.
Beyonce is writing plenty of songs that are not only proof of her talents, but ones that have videos and talent that flaunt her sexuality. And people are loving what she's doing.

People often act like a star in anyway sexual is selling out or hiding their talent, but there's a perfect middle ground, and I believe that Beyonce has songs on all parts of the spectrum. So she can dance, so she has a nice body, what the hell is she supposed to do, wear baggy clothes and sing with a mask on? She's beautiful, and people would notice even then.

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote