Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest Hip Hop Artist/Group Ever
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #126 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
Not all of rap is bad. Most of it, I do agree but simply because most of the rap music involves some black dude from the ghetto talking about things such as violence, rape, sex, guns, how they are the scariest guy in their town ,or being able to gain so much money thru illegal means, drugs, cocaine, i mean the list goes on and on to justify your opinion. but take not, these are male rappers.

if you listen to more female rappers such as Lil' Kim, Da Brat, Missy Elliot, Nicki Minaj, you'll appreciate 'something' in rap that you never did when you heard it from a guy. and that is pure, real, untouched by negative issues MUSIC.

The first rap song I heard was Slim Shady by Eminem which has a music video of a fat lady eating a burger with some phlegm on it. seriously, how sick can rapping get?

But when i discovered Lil' Kims "No Matter What People Say", i made the conclusion that rap, though probably just 5% or close to none in these modern times, can bring a positive message accross the world.
If you replaced "female rappers" with "alternative" or "underground" you'd be- bizarrely enough- kind-off right.

However, it's clear that this is a genre you haven't spent much time exploring.If your just looking on the surface (which most hip hop haters do) your stereotype isn't completely off the mark.

Don't you think rapping about staying in luxury hotels and having everything handed to you would be less enticing? How many fans could relate to that?
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote