Music Banter - View Single Post - Jennifer Lopez
Thread: Jennifer Lopez
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 12:51 AM   #53 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

but you are not really addressing what I am saying.

honestly though, her talent was pretty minimal. Even lyrically she was never all that much above average.. if it was even above at all. average is about all she can get. Lyrically songs like "Bootylicious", "Bugaboo" or "Surviver" were barely above cliche and predictable. She did have a decent voice though, but her lyrically ability was nothing to write home about. They were usually pretty laughable.

Her solo output was nothing to write home about either. Pretty medicore stuff, as was Destiny's Child. The music itself was pretty unoriginal and uninspried stuff, even by mainstream pop standards.

In that regard, her output was more less a high rent version of what you see on American Idol.. though she did write her own lyrics i suppose, which as said before were not very good.

Pop music is now mostly image based, so the image is what is going to be what sells more in this case.

So yeah...

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote