Music Banter - View Single Post - Jennifer Lopez
Thread: Jennifer Lopez
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #55 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

It is like American Idol... yeah, some of them have good voices, which is a gift... but can that alone carry somebody along as an artist.. is that all it takes. Many popstars have a good voice, of course... Rubben Studderd had a good voice.. but in reality, that was all... and after a while of hearing it it is just... alright.. you can sing well, good for you. A good range may carry you, but once people get tired of it, they will forget you altogether... unless there is a lot of growth as an artist and you can evolve.. which Beyonce never really has.. she has relied on the same thing everytime... so no growth and no evolution... hell even Christina Aguilera branched out and took chances as time went on, and I think she is a more talented musician. "Back to Basics" is better than anything beyonce ever put out..

Celine Dion is another case of this, yeah, she has a great range and a powerful voice, but how often do you hear about her anymore?

having a good voice alone isnt a symbol of talent.

I will take somebody with limited range, who can write something good over somebody with great range who is just a voice anyday.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote