Music Banter - View Single Post - Jennifer Lopez
Thread: Jennifer Lopez
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 04:12 AM   #59 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
It is a stab at her kinda feminist ideals she had in the DC days, a case of how she could be sexy without being overtly sexual. What I am saying is, she in those days was about saying how she can show she an be sexy without having to be half naked and covered in water.. which of course in and of itself is a sexual thing when looked at as a metaphor i think...

In the DC days it was more about being a positive role model for young girls, and showing them in a time when sexuallity was being used so much to sell, that one can still rely on talent and not just sell based on sex appeal.

beyonce was sexy and a sex symbol, but i do not think she intended to be one like that, she was made one by the people.. and it was not her original intent.. at least not to the degree it became later.

However, it seemed once she went solo and even more so when Jay-Z came into the equasion that that shifted and she started dressing down more and relying more on sexual imagery than she did before. She still had talent in many regards, but it was also starting to become more and more about the sexuality behind it that was selling her in her videos.

That is all i meant with my comment. To go from that young woman with feminist ideas and being sexy without being overtly sexual, to the opposite later. Makes me think maybe the early image was a put on for the later image which was maybe what she was more about, but was just saying she wasnt for the sake of appearing to be more of a role model than she actually was.
omfg what are you TALKING ABOUT? you give off the appearance that you follow Beyonce's career heavily but obviously not enough.

Her mother designs her outfits and they have ALWAYS been sexy but subtle. she wouldn't want her daughter wearing something completely trashy so I don't know where you get this idea that she is more overtly sexual than she was in the past.

Second, have you heard her latest single? GIRLS who run the world or w/e? how is that NOT female empowerment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
I will take somebody with limited range, who can write something good over somebody with great range who is just a voice anyday.
I agree with this but I wouldn't equate that towards beyonce though
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote