Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #2357 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
Agreed to a point. Albeit I do not believe talent = technicality, even if I do respect technicality. Also, I believe that technicality can allow artists to do much more than they can if they just stick with the same ideas, but only if the chose to. Doesn't mean untechnical artists can't still be ingenious.

For the rest, Can't I just feel that if Gaga honestly isn't doing anything new, there's no point in bumping this thread?

I mean why go to a forum like music banter if you're not actually willing to explore or talk about new music? The kind of which there are very few other avenues to explore? Why not just tune into cable television where this **** gets shoved down your throat 24/7?
you are right talent doesn't equal technicality but what I meant is that less popular artists are generally more talented whether they are more technical or they think outside of the box to create something that's unheard of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
i know i'm getting a bit too far though with my previous statement but i'm always amazed why some claim that a certain artist/musician is so great technically yet nobody recognizes them? more so, they don't even get to be on any kind of top chart list.

Gaga started out as a nobody but with her style of music, everybody immediately recognized her technicality thus the reason she's on top right now in the music industry.
The reason that nobody recognizes them is because they don't want to give up creative control to get a major label deal.

Sure they might not hit the top of any charts but their art is more diverse, sometimes more technical and just generally away from the normal standard of the radio formula.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote