Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal & Rock Music Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #636 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

only as limited as ones own knowledge of music. haha.. but yeah, if you know not what you are looking for, it is limited.

Nothing wrong with liking stuff like AC/DC (the keyboard really needs a lightning bolt button, it never seems right typing it out like that!)... or KISS. You are right, it may be mindless music in some regards, but it is just kinda fun stuff.... not like people should send their whole life being serious and listening to "serious music" from "serious bands" and "serious singers" blah blah blah.....

Just like and accept the things you like, and listen to whatever you like. It may be simple to one person, but all that matters is that you like it. Sure one day you may outgrow it or get bored with it... hell, I think of stuff I listened to when i was say 16 and think to myself... wow, this really sucks now that i sit down and listen to it... just the same as i am willing to bet when i am 36 i will look at some of the stuff i listen to now and say the same.

But every now and then i will still listen to it for the sake of nostalgia and to remind myself where i came from... it always still has a soft spot for me in one way or another.

Don't worry about what others say, like and accept whatever you like... if they do not like it, they do not have to llisten to it.

If you wanna listen to AC/DC (once again, i want a lightning bolt!) or KISS go for it. We all have different tastes, that is what makes us unique, no such thing as something everyone can agree on.

You will have plenty of time to listen to "serious" music later when you start getting old and boring, haha... but dont be afraid to have some fun and just rock out every now an then as well.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote