Music Banter - View Single Post - This is what I heard: Gibson, Fender, Ibanez Argument
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 11:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post

Fender - Twangy. Too much high end.
I can't see this as a problem imo, because of the tone nob - it can be use to change the sound of the guitar. Frequency analysis shows that Fender single coil pickups have both higher levels of both high and low frequencies, with lower levels of mid range frequency. This gives Fender guitars with single coils that trademark twangy sound. If it's a pretty decent guitar with good pickups and the electronics in it are OK one can use either the tone to warm up the sound or use the volume to bleed off some of the high end off the single and still end up with a decent sound. Having a Strat in the 2 or 4 position also warms up the sound a bit too.

Even though I like Fender guitars, I don't think Fender is the greatest guitar company out there when it comes to manufacturing quality guitars down to the finest details, and feel sometimes they rely on their reputation from the past to sells their guitars - but this is true with most guitar companies imo.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote