Music Banter - View Single Post - When Someone is Banned
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 01:17 AM   #442 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
I'm only going to focus on this small bit of it because I'm too tired to respond to the rest and this particular point irks me.

We're not eating steaks. We serve the forum, the forum doesn't serve us. Everything, absolutely everything, we do is out of interest to the good of the forum. I know you know this, but I don't think I can stress it enough honestly. Ever since I became a mod I noticed what a thankless job it really is. I'm happy to do it because I enjoy working with the team and love MusicBanter, but I'm not getting any perks. Neither is anyone else. (Besides the bigger inbox space... but mine is still always filled up. I'm just a popular guy )
That statement was meant towards the wealth of information, and how it is given to us on a limited and controlled basis. It had no bearing on the leisure or luxury of modship. I knew it was a terrible analogy.

My point was, I'm expected to be satisfied with a nibble of truth, when you are given a multitude of facts on which to base your stance on an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".