Music Banter - View Single Post - Jazz Drummers
Thread: Jazz Drummers
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
If you're not familiar with Mastodon, Brann Dailor has a Jazzy drumming style, as does Bill Ward from Black Sabbath in his fills:

Where Strides the Behometh

Brann Dailor Drummin it out

Modern Drummer Fest rendition of Crystal Skull

Wicked World (jazzy Sabbath)

War Pigs (darker jazzy Sabbath)

Also I just found a guy called Billy Ward looking for Black Sabbath's drummer:

Modern Drummer vest

Mitch Mitchell with Jimi Hendrix was pretty jazzy too, wasn't he? I'm most familiar with jazz drummers on a rock level, sorry.

BTW: I agree with your sentiment of Jazz drumming; it's what has inspired me to try being a drummer and take note of good drumming.
If we're talking about jazz-inspired drummers in rock Robert Wyatt is another good choice.

Albeit, I don't know, I still feel the pale in comparison to their Jazz counterparts, or Jimmy Carl Black, Art Tripp, or any of the percussionists to work with Zappa and/or Beefheart.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote