Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal & Rock Music Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #639 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Thanks... and hey, I am not going to sit here and say I can not be that close minded elitest myself at times... I can be. However, I try and not think popular opinion is the be all end all of it.... I like debate, I always have.. and I am always willing to hear peoples side to it as well... people confuse debating and arguing a lot of time the time... and hey, nothing wrong with being opinionated... I think if somebody accept themselves and accepts what they love, they can debate it without just arguing it... you get the people who as soon as you speak badly on something they like, they just call you names and get immature and put you down.

I like to examine music, I like to dissect things, and sometimes that leads me to be close minded, but I try not to. I think confucious said it best when he said: "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

But in the end, I speak to my opinions on the music in question, and not on the person listening to it. One more quote, kinda says the same, by George Carlin: "I love and treasure individuals as I meet them; I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to."

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote