Music Banter - View Single Post - When Someone is Banned
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #474 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Some people have commented on how dumb this thread is. I'll come right out and say it: I love this thread.

It showcases just how bored most of us really are and how much we love drama. This is a lot of fun. I really do wish we could go back to insulting each others' taste in music. For now this works, I guess.

As for me...I infracted oojay for something I think was totally justified. Was it a direct insult? No, but it sure as hell was a passive one. It really annoys me when people toe the line and then expect there won't be anything done. He obviously wasn't banned and now hopefully he knows that **** won't fly, so was it really that big a deal that I did it?
I guess I'm supposed to forget all the times I've seen you insult people on this forum? Passive or otherwise?

My point is, oojay didn't say anything that you, or any other member of this forum (including most mods) wouldn't post in response to something they felt strongly about.

I see the posts for which he was infracted have now been deleted, nice move, so now all we're left with is your account that it was "totally justified". Some people might buy that, but not me. I had a chance to read the posts, and back and forth that followed, I'm calling bull****.

Now is the time to go back and ammend the rules to include whatever rule you think he broke, by the way.

This is exactly what I'm talking about everytime in this thread, although to a lesser degree. It's this kind of selective enforcement of self-made rules that are causing these problems, or "drama" as you like to put it. Enforce the ****ing rules, as they're written, and provide REAL justification if your actions are really justified. Empty explanations come cheap.

In a rare case where I got to see the unfoldings of the situation before it was systematically removed from public eye, it's obvious that by looking at the actual happenings that you were in the wrong. Yet, the posts are deleted, and you claim justification. At this point, it's your word against his, and the threat of a perma-ban is waiting if he pursues the issue further. A gross misuse of mod power if I've ever seen one.

In short, yes, it's a big deal that you acted like a bullying hypocrite because someone said something off-color that you didn't like. Please, MB, if we're going to have BS rules, apply them fairly.

p.s. Yes I know this is an internet forum, and that I'm over-reacting in almost every post I've made in this thread, including this one. But that doesn't mean I don't believe every word of it. I see something I don't like, I'm going to comment on it. I know the mods don't have sinister intentions, and I don't think they're evil. I've been around long enough to remember nearly all of them when they were regular members before they were modded, and they seem like decent people for the most part. I just hate how when someone gets banned, it's turned into this big to-do. A he-said, she-said nightmare.

That is all, I am now open for personal attacks from mods and regular members alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".