Music Banter - View Single Post - Slow
Thread: Slow
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

No problem, glad you enjoy them. Vancouver had such an amazing punk scene in the early-mid 80's... Slow, DOA, The Pointed Sticks, Subhumans, The Dish Rags, Death Sentence and many others. It is very different from many of the other scenes that were happening at the time in say California and Washington...

Great documentary on it called "Bloodied but Unbowed" is coming out on DVD soon I hope: Bloodied But Unbowed - Vancouver Punk New Wave Music Documentary

trailor (edited):

narrated by my friend Billy Hopeless, formerly from The Black Halos, and now in a band called The Bonitos... I originally heard of Slow from him, and his references to them in this interview... from "Against the Glass" a show named after the album by Slow in I believe Kingston, Ontario.

There is a version of the doc on the site for a network called Knowledge. but I strongly suggest if you look at it on the site DO NOT WATCH IT!.... it is the cut down version, not the full thing... they gave them permission to show it on the actual network, but the version on the site is not authorized by them, and they have been trying to get it taken off so that people do not think it is the final version... but they refuse to do so even when asked by the director... so out of respect for the makers of the documentary and Billy himself, I will not watch it on there... better to wait til the DVD comes out and see it the way it i meant to be seen.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote