Music Banter - View Single Post - Slayer
Thread: Slayer
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 02:38 AM   #176 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

I meant not counting "Undisputed Attitude" as being counted with the rest, not counting it as the worst. I too like that album, and think it is a good one shot tribute to the bands Slayer were influenced by... I hear some critize it as "punk sh*t" and stuff like that, usually always by people who do ot seem to realise (or maybe just do not wanna admit) that Thrash Metal was an evolution of hardcore punk. Easrly Thrash albums seemed to show the influence more, Slayer "Show No Mercy" and Metallica's "Kill em All" for example. KeA in paticular, in songs like "Motorbreath" I think one can really hear the Misfits influence.

"Undisputed Attitude" is a cool tribute to bands that inspired Slayer... Verbal Abuse, T.S.O.L., Minor Threat, Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I. and others.... I think it works, not something I would wanna to keep doing, but as a one shot tribute to the style, I find it a good ocassional listen.

The only thing about it, I am on Ian Mackaye's side when he says he was not a fan of the cover of "Guilty of Being White", because if them changing the last refrain to "Guilty of being right". I think that is as Ian says, offensive to what he wrote that song about, yet i like the "Filler/I Don't Wanna Hear It" covers.. That is a minor nitpick on it though, the album is still decent if looked at in context.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote