Music Banter - View Single Post - Rush
Thread: Rush
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 02:45 AM   #268 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Grace Under Pressure over Permanent Waves?
Grace Under Pressure is an essential release from their rock pop sounding era and it was the first Rush album I ever heard and it still sounds great today. The sound on the album is very different to Rush of the 70`s and there is a much heavier emphasis on synthesizers as well and its on their previous album "Signals" where synthesizers became very dominant. Also on the Signals album is one of their best ever songs "Subdivisions" which had a great video. In fact Grace Under pressure has far more in common with other similiar sounding albums of that time period, such as Journey "Frontiers" and Toto "Isolation" etc than it does with the previous recordings of Rush.

Only problem is with this era, is that Alex Lifeson looks more like a member of Spandau Ballet than a member of a rock group

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalsBass View Post
Where is Caress Of Steel? Their debut of Neil Peart (album) Fly By Night is a good one to own. Of course Fly By Night sounds like a completely different band when compared to their other albums. As so does the Rush-Rush, their first album which included their original drummer John Rutsey. I personally think that Caress Of Steel is one of their best, but that's just my personal opinion.
Its tucked away in my cd collection collecting dust and cobwebs. Next time I`m in the mood for some Lord of the Rings nostalgia, I`ll dig it out.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote