Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs You Hate
Thread: Songs You Hate
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 02:43 AM   #104 (permalink)
The Virgin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Simple. Which songs do you hate and why?

I was reading the "favourite love song" thread this morning and realized that most of the songs I hate appear to be over there. Here's one: "Evergreen" by Barbra Streisand.

Why do I hate this song? Because the song sounds too syrupy sweet and the description of love too glowing, self-satisfied and cliche. "You and I will make each night a first, ev'ry day a beginning." Oh, please. If a love song about sleeping doesn't include snoring and morning breath, then it's overly romanticized. "Love soft as an easy chair." Even easy chairs get uncomfortable sometimes.

Now, I may just be having a jaded moment, but I feel irritated by the swelling euphoria Streisand sails on in this song that intentionally ignores the negative aspects of love tsunamis. I understand the song is meant to portray only the positive experiences of love, yet I feel it goes overboard in its adulation of the loving relationship described. Plus, I don't like her voice.

The pictures in the video were nice, though.

i'm sorry to disagree but this is one of the best videos ever made in human music history.
The Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote