Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiss
Thread: Kiss
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 04:41 AM   #36 (permalink)
rory's_gettin_it_on
Groupie

Exclamation kiss

everybody says kiss is more than a band , it's an industry... but the truth is kiss is just a good band ... there are no great bands or bands that suck... if they manage to connect to one person in the whole audience then they made it big.. if you listen to the lyrics, most of them talk about sex but in between you can hear a song that reaches out and grabs you ... they've got what most band didn't , don't and never will have ... they have hooks , and lot's of 'em. If I ask anybody a hit song from Grand Funk Railroad or Foghat or Primal Scream , I'm not sure how many would reply , but anybody can scream I wanna rock and roll all night ... i like em cose they they got that feeling of a band that works hard , they're lyrics are really well written and they put on a hell of a show ... i'm not saying that lick it up is a brilliant song in terms of writing, but there's a hook there and it gets you.. i like em, and if you don't say it , scream it but don't try to convince people they suck because you won't... they work for it and they diserve it... KISS is OK in my book