Music Banter - View Single Post - Ranks
Thread: Ranks
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2004, 11:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky
It's not html, it's php - although there is a little html involved.

It's essentially a hack, and it installs like any other vBulletin hack does. I've been on several forums which use it, and it was great fun.

Moving on to Alejo's point, I see your concern - However if all the posts abide by the rules (and lets face it, if you moderators are doing your jobs then you'll remove the ones which DON'T abide by the rules) then it should be a fair contribution.

Each post equals 1 point. If a post is removed for whatever reason, then 1 point is deducted. Also, as part of the warning system (if you have one in place already), for every warning you send out, X amount of points could be removed as punishment for the crime.

It takes a minimal amount of effort to set up shop hack to work in a way which rewards rule abiding contribution, and penalises rule breaking contribution.

Shop hack can also be set up to run alongside a post rating system, whereby for every positive rating a post gets, a point is added to the value of the post. And for every negative rating a post gets, a point is deducted.
Skank would know how to do it, but doubtful he has the time to set it up. He set up this whole site in a couple days though, so who knows. As of now, Us Mods have powers in only certain forums. If someone goes whoring in the Indie/Alternative forums, I can do something about it, but I have no power to ban, or delete posts/threads in other forums. So it gets to a point where things wouldn't work out. I think the system now gives people an incentive to strive for at the beginning, get them involved in the forums, and then hopefully they'll stick around. If the only reason you make posts is to get a new title, than maybe it's best you not stick around.