Music Banter - View Single Post - Community Feedback Poll [read clarifications in OP before voting!]
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 07:01 AM   #39 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Something lately is causing a split between the mods and some of the members here. Some of the problem I'm sure is a lot of the moderators have a knee-jerk reaction which is very defensive when met with criticism or a wish that they change the way they do things. Why a defensive attitude? These people are the community you serve, so you should treat them with respect and listen. I also feel like moderators breaking the rules they are supposed to uphold can also widen the gap between mods and members as does using mod powers for gloating and terrorizing, like changing the content of a members posts. Because of their power and position as both rule enforces and role models, moderators have to tread more carefully than others, particularly when wielding that power. For example, if you give someone an infraction, in their message, you simply state why that happened and perhaps what could prevented it. You don't gloat or call the offender an idiot.

That's how I feel about it at least. I'm not sure I always lived up to those ideals when I modded, but I tried and I think all mods should.
Thank you Tore for coming out and speaking about this same thing that we've talked about on IRC.

Of course, he said it way better than I did when I attempted to say the same thing weeks ago but this is my only issue with the mods. I didn't care about Dirty's ban. He broke the rules and was punished for it. That's fine.

On both sides the members and mods have decided to spread the gap between the two even further. The mods come out acting all high and mighty like they are the parents and we are just children that are throwing tantrums and misbehaving when we state our opinions, concerns and legitimate complaints.

On the members side, some of us haven't exactly expressed our complaints/opinions in a proper fashion which I know I'm guilty of.

Then there are the members that will come in and bash the few that want to speak up about things that are concerning them and say "oh the mods are doing a swell job and everything should just be business as usual. Also, you need to stfu for stating your opinion because you are just "whining". Come on now.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote