Music Banter - View Single Post - A question to vegetarians
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #381 (permalink)
The Virgin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I expect The Virgin not to understand the point that no animal's purpose it to be eaten by a different species of animals (which is why they are poisonous, fight, hide, run away, are sometimes protected by spikes or shells and generally try to protect themselves from predators as best they can), but there are still some strange ideas running around this thread.

First of all, animals are not by default lower than us as in worse designed or inferior to us on some cosmic scale. We have to decide what we want to rank before we can decide what animals are lower than us. A bird may have more efficient lungs than we do and better eyesight too. Intelligence is not the only thing worth having.

Second, people need to learn what breeding means. There are animals we eat. Many of them we've bred them for thousands of years to be as docile as possible so that we can kill and eat them with the least possible amount of effort, but these animals friendly behaviour is no longer natural. It's a consequence of selective breeding, not natural selection.
i understand your point tore, i really do. but think of it this way, let's assume yes, humans are not superior to animals. sure, they can have equal rank as with us. along with that, imagine if they'd get that right not to be killed cause of course, if you can't kill a human, certainly not to animals. what will we be eating then?

i can't imagine my life eating cucumber sandwhich or carrot soup every day. God knows we humans need to eat meat. He knows humans deserve somthing better than plain coleslaw for lunch.

But i do understand what you're trying to say. it's just not enough for us to justify that the meat-eaters are any more cruel because of their way of eating than the vegetarians.
The Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote