Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #1120 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
No, I mean when looting usually occurs it's related to people partying up and celebrating the win of their team not the lost of their team.
No. It is both... This is not the first time this has happened...

1994 Stanley Cup riot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is old news, and it was a guarentee either way, win or lose, it was going to happen again. If somebody did not see it coming, they just are not familiar with Vancouver, especially the DTES and Downtown core.

I have been reading so many people making the "this is not the fans, this is people just looking to wreak some havok" view... to which I have called a cop out every time. It is fandom at its most extreme. It may not be as much as the people they are talking about, but it was fans as well..

But regardless of motive, it is such a stupid thing to do. Normally I would not side with the police and riot teams on these things, but in this case I say, take em out boys! This is not rebellion, where the just f*ck up whoever "steps out of line", this is a bunch of bone headed jocks and morons with no respect for anything, so they deserve a baton to the skull and tear gas in the eyes. F*ck em.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote