Music Banter - View Single Post - Billy Liar
Thread: Billy Liar
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Default Billy Liar

I have been getting really into Billy's music recently. Started when I heard this on a friends page a while back:

"My friends and I had a race, to see who would get destroyed first. But when we reached the finish line together, nobody won. This booze and drug and culture is bringing me down, self-destruction is not rebellion... nobody won."

^ one of my favorite lyrics, rings true.

So I checked out more:

Another great song, with great lyrics.

Billy is an acoustic punk musician from Edinburgh. Released his first EP "Live at Granton Playhouse" (which is not a live EP at all) in 2006, and his follow up EP "It Start's Here" in 2009... He is also a poet and a fan of the arts. I have chatted with him a few times over facebook, and he is always a really nice and genuine guy.

I wish there were more Billy Liar's in the mainstream, would be a welcome change from the manufactured emotions of many.

A few other favorites:

Untitled song (I told Billy he should record it on his next album, which he says he is working on currently):

Not sure title of this one off the top of my head, should ask him:

Candle in the Wind (Ben's Song) [Andrew Jackson Jihad cover]:

and one I do not know if I can embed as it not from youtube.. but my favorite by him:

"This House is a Fire Hazard":
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11...ire-hazard_fun

Anyways, one of those guys that I always wished would get more exposure outside of his native land... great songwriter, and a great guy.

Highly recommend people check his music out (will send a link if people are interested).

I made a comment about him in the "Folk Punk Week" thread... never got any response, so decided to make him a thread of his own here.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.

Last edited by BastardofYoung; 06-16-2011 at 01:06 PM.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote