Music Banter - View Single Post - Community Feedback Poll [read clarifications in OP before voting!]
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #48 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Firstly, thank you all for the discussions!

Secondly, I just want to point out that in the option referring to "history", I meant that in terms of a members track-record for constantly being disruptive and insulting, versus a member's track record of being squeaky-clean but maybe making a mistake and immediately apologizing for it.

I don't believe we should moderate every single occurrence. I believe we should moderate consistent behavior that negatively impacts the forums.

Third, in reply to you, Neapolitan, there are measures in place to protect members from being targeted unfairly by mods. It's the rest of the mods. We're often challenging eachother's decisions in the interest of fairness, which is not something any regular member sees, as it's done in the mod forum where it's appropriate to do that. I think the general assumption is that the mods are all watching eachother's backs like they're some sort of gang, but the fact of the matter is we're accountable to each other as a team. Believe me, if a mod goes rogue and gets out of control, that mod gets dealt with. Boo boo is a shining example of that. So yes, there is a fail-safe.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote