Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite anti-love song?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 12:41 AM   #50 (permalink)
Captain Ron
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I was thinking of doing a thread just like this. Some of my favorite love songs are not about being in love, but about love gone wrong or like you say "anti-love" and I such a hard time thinking of a positive love song for "favourite love song" thread.

During the 60's I can't think of a group who wrote better negative love songs than the Rolling Stones, while The Beatles songs were about holding hands and the feeling of walking on cloud 9, the Stones had a darker side, they were more cynical and realistic. "Backstreet Girl" is one of my favorite if not my favorite Rolling Stones song, I think the music is amazing, it has such a folksy (European) sound, and the lyrics are a complete downer. I would love to go into detail what I think the song is about, (like does he love her or is he being mean to her) but I don't know if I should go into detail, because really it could mean something different to someone else. When people listen to a song, everyone has their own interpretation of the song.

great song
Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote