Music Banter - View Single Post - A thread for me to put a bunch of crap in.
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 02:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Ok, so I've dug up some stuff from an old drive I pulled out of a burnt up laptop and guess what I found... A vid of me doodling some fingerpicking!
Honest to god, I think I've degraded since this vid, which I shot around '07/'08 while I was still in the Army (That was my barracks room in Mannheim, DE).
I barely pick up the guitar anymore. In fact, I broke a string on it, and that poor thing has been broken for like 5 months now.

I'm neglecting it. I promise I'll put some new Martins on her. Maybe make a new vid while I'm at it, too.

Anyway, here's what I guess I remember was just a little loop I made up on the acoustic, back when I first started getting into finger-picking. Should be pretty obvious how unorthodox I am, but whatever. It's good times.

I don't have an explanation for the hood and all. I mean, it was cold as shit there, but I'm pretty sure I was more embarrassed to be fully identified.
that's pretty good, I enjoyed listening to that and I completely understand the whole having a string broken and not touching it for awhile.

I picked up mines the other day even though it's missing one of the strings.

I started to just strum it a bit and a song slowly started to form as far as lyrics. My chorus is pretty fleshed out now. I just need to work on the verses.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote