Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestion : New "Secret" Members Forum
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 06:30 AM   #67 (permalink)
The Virgin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
This is something I managed to create on my own forum which I would also like to see on MB. It is basically a forum with restricted access. To get access to it, you would need a certain post count, for example 100. Without a high enough post count, you would simply not see the forum. It's posts and threads would not show up on the "new posts" feed or any other forum feed. It would basically be invisible until you reach that post count.

Reasoning

Why would we want such a forum?

It may be desirable to share personal information (ex. real name, occupation, pictures of you and your girlfriend) with the MB community. But currently, by doing so, you are also doing it with the rest of the world on a forum that has a relatively high google rating. That means it's generally speaking relatively easy for people to find the stuff you share through searches.

I see threads like members birthdays, members pics, the musicbanter cafè, recreational drug use (a thread which have made a few members ask to have their post history deleted) and so on and they would fit nicely in such a "secret" members forum, away from the prying eyes we never meant to share this stuff with anyways.

So .. whatcha think?
i love that idea. then we can share facebook page then become facebook friends. and also on twitter. love it.
The Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote