Music Banter - View Single Post - A question to vegetarians
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 06:37 AM   #427 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
Bam!

Ezekiel 16:49
“‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
read my request properly - i'm not saying one of the reasons God punished Sodom was not because of selfishness

i'm saying he did so because of selfishness ONLY

read the part i bolded - there is sinfulness quoted there

so to summarise:-

you cannot find a scripture that says man still had dominion (even if i said your interpretation is wrong) over the animals, with the sole purpose to "eat" them

i asked you for a scripture that Sodom was destroyed because of selfishness ONLY, but you picked a Scripture that also pointed to sin as well

you have no basis saying that man's right to eat animals is based on the word of God

you deliberately pick and choose parts of the Bible that appeal to you

i have never heard any sermon by any priest or pastor that said God created animals specially for us to eat

therefore:-

you are merely creating conjectures based on wild assumptions with no concrete basis in the Bible or any religious teacher

you know nothing of the Bible, yet you claim superiority in knowing nd understanding it

you are so obviously trolling here

there is an obvious inferiority complex in you, that you try to upstage everyone else who knows better than you yet you still wish to assert a point everybody knows is wrong

so exactly what do you hope to accomplish anyway? i really have no idea

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote