Music Banter - View Single Post - Michael Jackson
Thread: Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #1191 (permalink)
starrynight
Music Addict

You misread me on the comment "the people he appealed to was more limited as well" (hopefully not intentionally). I am saying that the audience size that Michael Jackson appealed to was more limited, not that the actual people who listened to him were limited in their tastes.

And you still seem to not want to accept that The Beatles did all kinds of music from heavy blues

to a folk styled song

to tin pan alley

or how about a bit of Beatles funk-pop? Michael Jackson actually covered this lol.

Then there was the experimental one I posted earlier too. Sorry but Michael Jackson just can't compete with this variety and he would have said that himself. Either you know about this variety and don't want to admit it, or you are pretending to know The Beatles music.

And to say The Beatles just appeal to one race is ridiculous. They were the first Western act to break Japan, and possibly the biggest one ever there as well. And there is no doubt that their music appeals to black people as well, that's why black artists have covered their songs just like others have. And the fact that they did music like funk and blues which are more known for black artists would suggest that they would appeal to a wider audience than you would admit anyway. If you show me a Michael Jackson tin pan alley song, avant-garde sound montage and folk song....then we can say he had variety.

Last edited by starrynight; 06-17-2011 at 09:43 PM.
starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote