Music Banter - View Single Post - Michael Jackson
Thread: Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 11:28 PM   #1202 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynight View Post
And all of those Michael Jackson tunes have a funk-pop influence except the classical piece (a cover you admit) and the ballad wrote by Rod Temperton a British songwriter from Cleethorpes. Funk and R&B aren't really that far apart either, the rhythms and/or his vocals often gravitate to that at points even though you say they are all different styles. And the Beatles had classical influences on their albums sometimes.
Did you listen to ALL the songs or are you just making that ridiculous analysis to be cute because you only make your own self look foolish this is getting ridiculous now because you are not open minded and you are going to think what you want to think OR you simply dont have good ears.

TRUST ME I know who wrote what which is why all the songs Michael wrote I STATE IT.. thanks but that was LEAST important to your arguement which you dont have

Little Susie is NOT a cover while the genre style he did not innovate he experimented with a Russian Dutch sound which you can clearly hear which is why ur pop funk analysis is ridiculous.

Dirty Diana is clearly a Rock song not a funk r&b song..

Remember the time is a new jack swing style song that was produce by the innovator of New Jack Swing Teddy Riley.

Get on the Dance Floor is obviously a Disco Dance song with some R&B.

Stranger in Moscow is a Russian inspired song as well.

Lady in my life is a slow r&b song

You are biased towards Michael Jackson as well as black music which you have not a clue about since you oddly seem to think Rhythm and Blues is the same as Funk. Whatever.

I am just trying understand why are you in here when you dont like Michael Jackson? You just want to start cheap arguements over the Beatles get over yourself. I dont mine discussing but if your going to act like a fanboy and not accept objective evidence than what is the point in coming back in here.

While Michael is a pop singer clearly with those examples you see the diveristy in his music... PERIOD.

Your example of Let It Be as a "proper" gospel song is subjective

There is a Beatles thread here and you can GO IN THAT THREAD and talk all day long about them.

Last edited by Soulflower; 06-17-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote