Music Banter - View Single Post - anyone heard Christian Rock?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #35 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
This. This right here.

It's like an entire genre filled with people saying, "How can we offend the least amount of people possible? Oh, by making the single most generic, boring, NICE music we can!"

And the cash flows in.

It's like, SERIOUSLY people! You are taking everything I stand for and making it into the worst music in the world! ARGH

yeah,,, i thought the goal was to offend the least amount of people as possible.... and then i heard this:

wow guys, can you be any more... idiotic here..... I always thought the meaning of Christian is one who was Christ like.... I think even he would hear this and go... not cool guys, not cool...

for those not familiar with this band, they are a Christian parody band, they take popular non-christian songs and parody them to by adding Christian lyrics and themes... sometimes it is just whatever, and in cases like this is just.... well, whatever happened to judge not lest ye be judged.

they have other stupid songs as well like this one..

I doubt they actually ask for permission to do these from the artists, like Weird Al does.... because you do not have to have permission to record a parody... but Al does anyways just to make sure he doesnt step on toes, and to make sure the are alright with it..

But yeah, I doubt these guys got permission from Courtney Love to do so... cause i think she would of told them to f*ck off.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote