Music Banter - View Single Post - Mixtape Weekly
Thread: Mixtape Weekly
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

This week I'm going to talk about Nicki Minaj's The Unknown Woman, Lupe Fiasco's Extra Lasers, T.I.'s Crime Pays and J Cole's The Album Before The Album

The Unknown Woman

Majority of this mixtape is tracks from Pink Friday but there are about four of five new tracks they added to it.

The standout tracks are the ones were she attempts to diss Lil Kim. She starts out on her a little bit on the remix of Til the World Ends and continues with the track called Tragedy. She delivers more subliminal type disses that she's known to do. I usually don't mind subliminals but when you are in a heated beef like this you might as well go harder than that because if she gets asked she can just say she was talking about someone else instead of Lil Kim.

This track was pretty decent as well.

Extra Lasers

Since I'm a pretty big Lupe Fiasco fan, I suggest you download this and listen to the whole thing but I will select a few tracks that I had on repeat after hearing this for the first time. I can't wait til Food and Liquor 2 comes out. I hear he's currently working on it.

The quality/sound picks up after the first 10 seconds or so.

Crime Pays

I really like this mixtape because it's almost the opposite of Nicki Minaj's in the sense that it has a few tracks from his last album but majority of the tracks is either new material or remixes over other songs.

These tracks broke my replay button

I like the sanford and son sample of their theme song on this but I had no idea until today that these two songs came from B.O.B.'s mixtape which I should probably get and review a tiny bit next week.

The Album Before The Album

This mixtape felt very official like it wasn't supposed to be a mixtape and more of album release material. I like the overall feel of the album and it's pretty smooth but tbh I didn't feel like any of the tracks really stood out but I will give you two songs from it.

Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote