Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #10230 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

After a third viewing it still holds up extremely well as an intelligent action movie that could almost be feasible. Christian Bales Batman 'growl' is awful though.

Second viewing for this one. Some of the tech used stretches the credibility of the film a lot more than the first movie but this is still first class entertainment with a cerebral pulse.

Despite the obvious dating of the movie (it is 40 years old after all) it is still a damn good film and brutal considering it's age although I have found after watching Clint deliver his 6 shots or only 5 speech so many times and caricatured so often it is almost impossible to take seriously through his clenched teeth. Shame. Otherwise there are some superb set pieces and Robinson (Scorpio) is one of cinema's most iconic killers.

It needs another viewing as I found it very conflicting in what sort of film it wanted to be. A character study or all out actioner. It sort of failed on both as if it is was butchered in the editing suite to be neither one or the other. The action was a lot more intense than the average blockbuster although it has a nihilistic quality and the character building was never fully fleshed out but nicely underplayed and intriguing.

I would like to see a directors cut of this to see which way the film was meant to seen.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote