Music Banter - View Single Post - Guitar virtuoso's (Opinions on the World's current guitar giants)
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 08:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid
Obviously today is a mundo of rifftastic MTV ****e, but predicted changes from most music critics that the once but since long gone days of talented musicians is in fact making a well deserved comeback. I love Nirvana as much as the next metal-head, which isnt a great deal, but I respect the intentions of Kurt Cobain sincerely, however those intentions (whilst doing away with some of the disilussioned youth misleading "GLAM rock" which we can all do much better without) also did away with the pride in music.

Music became so involved in the whole "I don't care, which makes me cool" state of mind that it began to affect the quality of our beloved awe of talented musos. The inspirational and the grand players of all rock music forms were almost told "you need to suck at your instruments to be noticed."
Fueled by such nonsense as bands like Greenday, those silly twerps who we the public all so adore for looking like they dont know what theyre doing and bashing out a racket; there was little room for the gods of guitar leading masters in their fields such as: Marty Friedman, Yngwie Malmsteen, Jason Becker, MICHAEL ****ING ANGELO BATIO!!! and so forth, all cast aside in what can only be justified in terms of resentment as the ***s of rock aimlessly strum and smash away writing albums in time for christmas, and the sales, whilst the godly legends who show more effort in their baby toes than such genres as punk, are left behind watching these stupid "moms basement bands" sit back take it easy and sell out.

But bear with me on this, and i hope for the dignity of music that soon the likes of our new virtuosos "superguitarists" if you will, are peircing their way back into our CD collections, their sword in the shape of a Jackson RR3, decimating the 3 or 4 chord licks of 4 minute repetative crap of which can only be found in todays calliber of genres, i.e punk, emo etc... And once again we will see true gods of rock, with talent and understanding of their proffesion; such gods I speak of as, Alexi "wildchild" Laiho, Herman Li, Sam Totman, Dave Mustaine (still holding the frontlines of thrash) and many more.

But the question I'm asking, well I'm not asking because I have my own opinions, but I want to know I'm not alone out there, and I want to see some sort of proof of this, that music is still an art, and that sucking at your instrument really does suck...
nirvana took the pride out of music?, haha...dude..if you are one of those morons who go off saying nirvana killed rock and the guitar solo, i will tell you first hand that you are completely wrong...metal outlived nirvana...bands like pantera got even more popular after nirvana...nirvana didnt kill metal, just hair metal, which needed to die anyway...michael angelo batio may be able to play very ****ing fast and what not, but his music sucks, god it dosent even qualify as music, it has to have a melody first...dont know about all you metalheads, but id take kurt cobains 3 chord riffs and simple as hell solos over batios redundant wanking and "look what i can do" guitar masturbation anyday...im not saying alll shreders suck, far from it...folks like vai not only have skill but also a good sense of melody, creativity and imagination...folks like batio lack that, he just plays as fast as he can as if hes trying to break some record, not really caring that the music dies in his hands.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote