Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal & Rock Music Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #668 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Connoisseur View Post
Is death n' roll exclusive to Entombed or are there other groups that experimented with the sound as well?
Gorefest:

first 2 albums were more just Death Metal, and like Entombed, starting on their third album "Erase", they started going the death n roll route..

Carcass:

Their last album "Swansong" was a Death n Roll album, before that they started out a goregrind band/Death Metal band, before going more melodic Death Metal on "Heartwork", and the last album was a Death n Roll album

Death Breath:

"Stinking Up the Night" is one of the best in the style, them and Entombed were the tops of this style to me. The album came out in 2006.

Macabre:

Their last album "Grim Scary Tales" was a very Death n Roll album, before that they were known as many styles, Macabre were an early Death Metal band, not getting a lot of credit for it.. They also had elements of grindcore, hardcore punk and even acoustic rock..

those are a few. Entombed, Gorefest and Death Breath are the tops in that style to me.

Death 'n' Roll *(aka Death & Roll) - Music Genres - Rate Your Music

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote