Music Banter - View Single Post - Guitar virtuoso's (Opinions on the World's current guitar giants)
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 11:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO
^^^^^ Beautfully stated, and I agree 100% completely. Lets hope the days of narcissistic "Bach rock" ARE over. I don't think I can take another era of neo-classical metal guitar wankathons, If you want to talk about some fast guitarists that smoke any of the forementioned and include feeling and a great deal of style in their technique, listen to Alan Holdsworth, John McLaughlin, or Django Reinhardt. Just to name a few.
and if you want some great rock guitarists with a lot of technical skill and versatility, i recomend shawn lane, steve howe, ry cooder, phil keaggy, steve morse, buckethead, eric johnson, steve vai, derek trucks, jeff beck, frank zappa, duane allman and jan akkerman just to name a few...and if you just want guitarists with great tone and technique then you need to check out david gilmour, steve ray vaughan, tony iommi, carlos santana, mark knopfler, mick ronson, kevin shields, john frusciante, steve hackett, adam jones, tom morello, the edge and slash...then there are the overall greats like hendrix, page, EVH, townshend, clapton, etc....batio isnt even worthy of holding these guys guitar straps.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote