Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst Metal Band Ever?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #844 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper View Post
i just find the quality of their music bad. they have no identity. it all sound the same. they never progressed. guitars sound like it's being played by a newbie. drums is so elementary.

i don't know about their image. I don't really care for it that much. my dislike is really based on their music.
This shows that you probably listened to some Mayhem, Gorgoroth, and maybe some Darkthrone and just wrote off the whole genre as ****ed. Black metal is probably the most progressive metal genres there is. Sure, a lot of them just want to rerecord De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, but on the other hand you've got Satyricon, Ulver, Emperor, Burzum, Immortal, Blut Aus Nord, Dodheimsgard, Spektr, Deathspell Omega, etc, etc, etc, that make some of the most non-comformist music you'll ever hear.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote